It is our intent that Art inspires, engages and challenges pupils; equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent, create, develop and refine their own works of art, craft and design. The curriculum will offer all children the privilege of a broad developmental experience in both two and three dimensional art, together with the opportunities to enjoy, appreciate, discuss and critically respond to a variety of art, craft and design forms. The children will learn the necessary skills and build up an understanding of the way in which materials and media behave. The art curriculum will stimulate and enable all children to develop the confidence to explore and enjoy all of which the visual arts and its unique experiences have to offer and in doing so build on and develop skills which are essential to lifelong learning.
In Art we aim to:
- Develop a love of Art and its ability to express creativity.
- Engage, inspire and challenge children.
- Develop hands-on practical opportunities for pupils to explore working with a range of materials and tools.
- Equip them with the knowledge and skills to experiment.
- Further enhance social and emotional wellbeing in all children.
- Deliver high quality Art across the school.
- Provide progress to be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design.
- Know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
- Achieve and exceed the expectations within the National Curriculum.
- Provide opportunities to develop children’s leadership skills.
Please see the document link at the end of this page to learn about the full Art Curriculum at Indian Queens School.