We aim to provide a curriculum that is inspiring, broad and balanced ensuring that learning is engaging and challenging for all children. We want to help each child become a caring, confident and curious young person who has a positive attitude to learning, and are proud of their achievements.
We endeavour to develop the full potential of every individual in all aspects of school life, supporting, guiding and inspiring children to raise standards in all areas.
Within a structured and carefully planned curriculum, the school aims to help each child, in their own way to:
- acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills as defined within the National Curriculum
- develop the ability to question and put forward their point of view
- acquire and extend language, mathematical, scientific, creative and technological skills; making use of these skills in the wider aspects of learning
- apply themselves to a variety of tasks, making decisions both independently and as part of a group, as appropriate
- acquire good learning habits including self-discipline and independence in learning
- develop the ability to use their own initiative and recognise their own potential
- aim towards self-improvement in all areas
- recognise and celebrate their achievements and successes